Wednesday, December 02, 2009

BN Best Of 2009: Romance

As far as I'm concerned, 2009 was the Year of Uniform Fabulousness (YOUF) in romance. Perhaps better stated, it was the year in which so many great romances were released, it was miserably difficult to separate front runners.

So when faced with the task of offering up a list of my fave romances for BN's Best of 2009, I reengineered, if you will, my compulsively methodical approach to "year's best" list making, and...READ MORE, BELLAS!
***
Friday: RBTB Contributing Editor Becke Davis brings you her take on Lisa Dale's charming and sassy, 'It Happened One Night!" - and - Becke's rooting out the skinny on Christmas trees and branching out into facts vs fiction on those holiday favorites in her BN Garden Variety blog, "O Christmas Tree." Check it out!

7 comments:

jedisakora said...

That cover you have on the main page *drool*

Thanks for the list. I'm going to look up some of them to see if i should add them to my "buy list" of things ^^

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

I'm SO with you, jedisakora! If I had to choose 'cover of the year," this might be it. I fell in love w/this guy when I saw the book and was so glad the inside lived up to the promise of the outside. :) The guys on the westerns are looking pretty great these days, and sometimes it's because they have more clothes. OK, yeah, I said that. And I meant it! :)

jedisakora said...

Michelle,
Sometimes a well dressed gentleman is the best ^^ I'm glad to hear the book is as good as it's cover. I'm going to go ahead and add it to my "to buy" list.

Kara said...

Yes, I agree...there is something about a well dressed guy that makes them drool worthy!!!

I am definitely adding it to my TBB list and *drooling* over the others that you mentioned.

Becke Davis said...

Every time I think I've bought all the books I need to read, Michelle comes out with another blog or list. My TBR pile already looks like Mt. Everest -- I'M DOOMED!

Thanks for the shout-out for GARDEN VARIETY, Michelle -- we have to stop meeting like this!

debbie haupt said...

Oh The Bridegroom was a really great read and I don't expect anything less from our Queen of western romance Linda Lael Miller. Not to mention the other picks of the best of 2009 which is making my TBR pile sag deeply. Oh and I can't wait to get It Happened One Night, it's still on order and it looks fabulous.
Ciao Bellas
Deb

Joan said...

Hey!

I might change my mind about covers now. WOW!! Definitely a guy to drool over! Another one for my wish list!!!!

Thanks, Michelle :)

-J