Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Smells Like TEAM Spirit


Hey, Bellas! It’s time once again for the

Unleash Your Story Read/Write (and Blog!)-a-Thon for Cystic Fibrosis !

Join me – cause I’m wicked honored the UYS folks have made me their 09 Pacesetter Reader/Blogger -- and please, beat my goals of reading 10,000 pages and/or writing 10,000 words in blog posts and comments between now and September 28.

Join my team here, please!
I'll draw a winner for a 12-pack of new romances from among my members raising $75 or more. Top earner on my team scores a 24-pack of new romances.

PRIZES!!! The UYS team has an extra incentive for Readers and Bloggers:
Match my reading- or blog-writing goal and win a $10 B&N Gift Card! Bonus: Match my reading or blog writing goal and raise $250 and you'll score a $25 B&N Gift card. To be eligible for those prizes, email info@unleashyourstory.com.


TOP Prize: Top UYS donation earner among Readers/Writers/Bloggers wins an unbelievable Hug-A-Cowboy Quilt, handmade by Michelle Baker!

You can join my team, Michelle B’s Team by clicking here, build your own, go it alone or simply make a donation to this 2nd annual event that raises money for CF research.

Authors: Beat Pacesetter Author Lori Wilde’s UYS Goal of 60,000 words during UYS!

UYS was started last year by authors from the RomanceUnleashed.com (RU) group blog. Author and FOB Teresa Bodwell, "unofficial" event organizer -- but one whom fellow Romance Unleashed authors would tell you is the heart of UYS -- says UYS was created because a RU author has two young children living with Cystic Fibrosis.

"[We] wanted to help and came up with the idea of Unleash Your Story," says Bodwell, "bringing readers and writers together to unleash the power of story and make a difference in the world.

Click here to visit the Unleash Your Story blog and chat with us today
‘bout how “Slow and Steady Sets the Pace!
***

15 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

Wow! Sounds like an amazing goal for a great cause!

Teresa Bodwell said...

Michelle--were you a cheerleader in school?

Go Bellas!!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

I couldn't be more psyched to be part of it, Jill. There are so many folks who need help raising funds. The UYS/RU folks just make you want to jump on board cause you feel their enthusiasm.

lol, Teresa! I SO was not a cheerleader, but always wished I were. Band. Geek.

Teresa Bodwell said...

Band geek, really? What did you play? I played Clarinet in high school and the Army.

One of my favorite experiences was when we were getting ready for a competition and the cheerleaders (those coolest of the cool) came around and wiped off all our shoes.

Becke Davis said...

I'm already on the team!!

Vanessa Kelly said...

I'm on the chocolate mafia bon-bon team for writers. At least I think that's the name - I kind of have a short attention span, so I'm having trouble remembering. Hmmm. What will I be like by the end of the month?

Bye, now - gotta go write!

PJ said...

I'm on the Bon Bon Chocolate Mafia team again this year. I don't know if I'll be able to match your reading goal, Michelle but I'm going to give it my best shot! I've raised $110 in the first two days. Hoping to keep that $ rolling in!

Teresa Bodwell said...

WTG PJ!

I have to say the Chocolate Mafia team rocks! I'm anxious to see y'all go head to head to Michelle's Bellas.

We've got some great teams going this year. It should be fun.

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

OK, in what part of the universe did this happen?: the cheerleaders (those coolest of the cool) came around and wiped off all our shoes.

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

Wowza! That's awesome,Peej! You probably read more than I do regularly. Maybe we should have made a goal of chocolate made and eaten?

We were talking at the UYS site about setting alternative goals, and those'd be really good'ns!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

nessa, since i became a parent, I barely can pay attn to anything for a prolonged pd of time. It's really embarrassing some times.

Hurray for you BB Choc Mafiosas!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

We love having you on the team, beck!

debbie haupt said...

I'm on the team I joined last month and am trying realllly hard to read 10,000 this month. I am having all my donors just give me cash and I have more than doubled my goal and it's just the 2nd of the month. So I'm psyched !! Now leave me alone I have to get back to my reading!!!!!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

Debbie, you're awesome! But, um, I didn't realize you'd get so rabid. Don't get close to her TBR pile for the next 25 days or so, anybody!

debbie haupt said...

grrrrr!!! ;-)