Monday, July 27, 2009

The Boy (Toys) of Summer

A few months ago, I rented "Bull Durham " to see if its Big 80s allure held up over time. And by allure I mean, was the chemistry between Costner and Sarandon as keen as I'd thought back in the day -- and were those Bulls really as charmingly randy as we as a nation were coming to believe was the average pro-baseball team.

I'm happy to report the image of Tim Robbins in naught but panties remains peachy keen. Yet for some women... READ ON and Chime In at H2H...

(Sign in at BN.com and Book Clubs to comment)
***
Bust out your copies of "Taming of the Duke" and "Ain't She Sweet" and study up -- and gather up your best blogfriends -- cause
Wednesday, July 29 is

BlogStars Laura's and Santa's Best CyberPals' Mini Book Club!

Laura won this BlogStar spot as high bidder in the Novak Auction and asked to share the spotlight with best cyberpal, Santa. You know them from your fave romance blogs...join them here for a day of chat about their 2 fave romances! A randomly chosen commenter wins choice of either book. If you've brought a cyberpal and you're chosen, you each win a copy!

5 comments:

Becke Davis said...

I LOVE Jill Shalvis so I was excited to see one of her covers here. Luckily, it's already in my TBR pile (two of her books are at the moment), so I don't have to run out and buy it.

I'm not a baseball nut, but, after checking out that cover, I'm willing to be persuaded!

Becke Davis said...

I forgot to give a shout-out to Laura and Santa for winning the blogspot at the fabulous Brenda Novak auction.

I won a partial critique from Anna Campbell, and PJ won my tote bag full of books!

orannia said...

Congrats Laura and Santa! I look forward to your discussion!

Caffey said...

Hi Michelle! It definitely sounds like fun! I'll be here!

Yum on Jill's cover!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

I'm looking forward to it, too!