Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Morning Halestorm -- Or -- Fantasy Pole Dancer League Theme Song





Where to begin. One could point out Lizzy Hale is the hottest female voice in rock. Or that Halestorm is the best thing to come out of PA since their 1989 Miss America contestant. Oh, behave. But I prefer to think of this band and song as the inspirations for my new job-I'd-never-on-my-best-day-20-years-ago-qualified-for fantasy.

When I was young, we called em "Go-Go Dancers," and they weren't exactly respected. Now, we kinda get that in lots of cases -- certainly not all -- there's much power to be had in learning how to strip for money w/out the hassle of marriage. More power, in fact, and I'm guessing, again in some cases, a lot more fun. Least in my new favorite fantasy.

I'm reading more and more romances w/ pole-dancin' heroines. Read any? Got any faves? What's your take?
***
Click here to check out deets 'bout "Heart to Heart" (H2H) the new all-romance blog I'll be kicking off July 15 at RWA nationals for BN.com!
***
Happy World Population Day! Think a little today about the "overpopulation equation" and check out the merits of eco-condoms here.

3 comments:

amy*skf said...

D'oh, I tried to comment and must have gotten so excited I did something wrong...

So, you know how I feel about this. I wanted us to take that "stripper" excersize class, remember? I do have a pole in my backyard, but it's attached to the kid's playground, so I'm thinking...no.

I once read a sexy mystery where the heroine was a stripper and the hero was, of course, a detective. Can't remember the name or the author. I think the whole time I was reading it, I was so enmeshed in my own stripper/cop fantasy that, well...what was I saying?

Hank Phillippi Ryan said...

Oh! SOOooo late to this wonderful party! I was in NYC at Thrillerfest (!) on a rotten cranky laptop..and just saw the wonderful review of PRIME TIME!!

(Of yo missed it, too,s just scroll down and read the fabulos and brilliant Becke Davis' wonderful glowing words...sigh. She made my day. My week!)

Hello my dear Bellas, and molto mille grazie..yes, indeeed,my main character veteran reporter Charlie McNally and I do share some characteristics. (When my husband talks about Charlie, the refers to "you"--as in "when you solve the murder" and "when you are held at gunpoint"..I have have to say, oh honey, no no, it's ficton. And he just smiles.

Yes, it's very difficult to look camera-ready every minute of the day. Yes, I still love it. Wiring myself with hidden cameras, going undercover, gonig after the bad guys--what better job could there be?

And in Face Time (book 2)...well, let's put it this way. Someone gets killed, someone gets pregnant, someone gets plastic surgery, and someone finds the new love of her life. Who do you think that is? ANd my editor told me she cried at the end. When was the last time you cried after reading a murder mystery?

Oh, so sorry to mave missed you this week..who's going to RWA? Find me and menton you're a Bella--and I'll have a special surprise for you.

Michelle is in charge of my seminar on Saturday--and here' a secret: for Bellas only: I'll be giving away 2 manuscript critiques! Come introduce yourself ,and tell us you're a Bella...and you're entered!

Not going? Sigh. We'll dearly miss you. Email through my website for a special gift.

Becke--you and I will have to chat about the Beatles. (Go back and read her comments to see what we're talking about...) And thank you, endlessly, for your wonderful words about Prime Time!

booklover1335 said...

My fav books with pole dancing, and really have not read very many are Mistress Christmas by Lorelei James and Good Girl Gone Bad by Karin Tabke. Love these books!!!