Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How to Give Good Heartache


Do you know this feeling? You're reading a romance, hot or sweet, and the hero or heroine makes a choice that absolutely crushes the other's feelings. And your breath catches while you get this good version of agita going. And tears start to prick your eyes, but then you remember: hey, I don't have to cry because Author Girlfriend's gonna make it all work out in the end.

Could anything be more delicious?

Ah, the question that fairly begs a Clive photo.

I'm Squawkin' Baby! Head on over to Squawk Radio and say hi (please).

Encore! Romance novelists love to hear from their readers and usually write back, too! Find web sites for many of your faves at Romance Writers of America.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Frankly, I love it when I'm reading a romance and I find myself choked up over some horrible deed by hero or heroine. I get this big red flag in my head that says, "Hey, these people have become real to me! What a great book! What a great author!"

Glad I discovered your blog, Michelle. Zipped on over when I saw C. Brockway mention it on Squawk.

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

Oh, yeah, Pam. You know what I mean, then. It's so hard to describe in words, but when you talk to a romance lover, man, don't we know exactly those moments?

I'm really happy you came by and hope you will come again. I always take Connie B's advice, too, like if she's blurbed a book, or something.

amy*skf said...

There are some romances where I start to cry halfway through and never really stop dribbling--it is so soul cleansing, and the great thing is--it is not really my heart ache.