Tuesday, February 07, 2006
When I first started reading romance novels, I noticed these words/phrases so often I wondered whether romance authors used them intentionally as "inside" jokes:
1. Her mouth opened in an O of arousal (many variations)
2. Clever fingers (hands)
3. Planes of: chest, forehead, cheekbones
4. She'd never felt anything like it before (could we at least drop the before?)
7. She sunk her teeth into her lower lip (variations)
8. For he was a big man, big in all ways (and all its glorious variations)
What are the words/phrases you tire/never tire of reading in romance novels?
Ciao for Now!
Encore! Just finished "Beauty and the Spy." Wowza! www.julieannelong.com
Posted by Michelle Buonfiglio at 2:01 PM